The Hertfordshire Regiment
Battalions of the Territorial Force
All units formed by this regiment were of the TF
August 1914 : in Hertford. Part of East Midland Brigade in East Anglian Division.
Moved on mobilisation to Bury St Edmunds.
6 November 1914 : left the Division and landed in France. Came under command of 4th (Guards) Brigade in 2nd Division.
19 August 1915 : transferred to 6th Brigade in same Division.
29 February 1916 : transferred to 118th Brigade in 39th Division at Renescure.
8 February 1918 : transferred to 116th Brigade in same Division.
11 May 1918 : transferred to 112th Brigade in 37th Division.
22 May 1918 : absorbed more than 600 men from 6th Bedfordshire Regiment.
After their period of service with the prestigious 4th (Guards) Brigade, the battalion was often known as the Hertfordshire Guards.
Formed at Hertford in September 1914 as a second line battalion.
January 1915 : moved to Newmarket and came under orders of 207th Brigade in 69th Division.
June 1916 : moved to Harrogate, then on to Darlington in October 1916 and Carburton in April 1917.
20 September 1917 : disbanded.
Formed at Hertford in December 1914. Moved to Halton Park by October 1915.
8 April 1916 : became 1st Reserve Bn.
11 July 1917 : amalgamated with 5th Reserve Bn, the Bedfordshire Regiment.
Formed by 2/1st Bn at Thetford in November 1915. Moved to join 206th Brigade in 69th Division. Moved in July 1916 to Harrogate, then Welbeck in April 1917.
August 1917 : disbanded.