The Royal Guernsey Light Infantry
August 1914 : this regiment incorporated two full battalions of infantry, both based on the island. In March 1915 one Company was detached and joined the 6th (Service) Battalion of the Royal Irish Regiment.
1st (Service) Battalion
Formed by the Militia in 1916 and named the Royal Guernsey Light Infantry.
Moved to Bourne Park (Canterbury) in May 1917, under orders of 202nd Brigade in 67th Division.
27 September 1917 : left the Division and landed at Le Havre, then transferred to 86th Brigade in 29th Division. Took part in the Battle of Cambrai in late November 1917.
27 April 1918 : left the Division and became GHQ Troops after sustaining heavy casualties at Le Doulieu in the Battle of the Lys.
2nd (Reserve) Battalion
Formed by the Militia in 1916 and remained in Guernsey.