The Royal East Kent Yeomanry
also known as the Duke of Connaught's Own (Mounted Rifles)
This is the original, 'first line' regiment
August 1914 : moved with the brigade to Canterbury.
24 September 1915 : dismounted, the brigade sailed from Liverpool to Gallipoli, landing on 8 October 1915 and coming under orders of 42nd (East Lancashire) Division.
January 1916 : withdrew from Gallipoli and moved to Mudros.
February 1916 : moved to Egypt where brigade was absorbed into 3rd Dismounted Brigade.
1 February 1917 : with East Kent Yeomanry formed 10th Bn, the Buffs and came under orders of 230th Brigade in 74th (Yeomanry) Division.
7 May 1918 : landed at Marseilles and spent rest of war on Western Front.
Formed in 1914 and remained in UK until April 1918 when moved to Ireland.
Converted into a cyclist unit in July 1916.
as a Third-Line training unit in 1915.
Remained in United Kingdom until until disbanded in early 1917. Troops dispersed to 2/1st Regiment and some to 4th Reserve Battalion of the Buffs (East Kent Regiment).