The Dragoon Guards

1st (King's) Dragoon Guards
August 1914 : in Lucknow in India, part of the Lucknow Cavalry Brigade.
Moved with Brigade to France as part of 1st Indian Cavalry Division, landed Marseilles 7 November 1914.
26 November 1916 : 1st Indian Cavalry Division renamed as 4th Cavalry Division.
7 October 1917 : left Brigade and returned to India, where it then remained.
Joined 1st (Peshawar) Division in August 1918, from 14th Cavalry Brigade.

2nd Dragoon Guards (Queen's Bays)
August 1914 : at Aldershot, part of 1st Cavalry Brigade in Cavalry Division. Moved to France.
16 September 1914 : Cavalry Division renamed as 1st Cavalry Division.

3rd (Prince of Wales's) Dragoon Guards
August 1914 : at Cairo in Egypt. Recalled to England, arrived at Liverpool on 18 October 1914.
31 October 1914 : landed in France and on 4 November under command of 6th Cavalry Brigade in 3rd Cavalry Division.

4th (Royal Irish) Dragoon Guards
August 1914 : at Tidworth, part of 2nd Cavalry Brigade in Cavalry Division. Moved to France 16 August.
16 September 1914 : Cavalry Division renamed as 1st Cavalry Division.

5th (Princess Charlotte of Wales's) Dragoon Guards
August 1914 : at Aldershot, part of 1st Cavalry Brigade in Cavalry Division. Moved to France 16 August.
16 September 1914 : Cavalry Division renamed as 1st Cavalry Division.

6th Dragoon Guards (Carabiniers)
August 1914 : at Canterbury, part of 4th Cavalry Brigade in Cavalry Division. Moved to France in August.
16 September 1914 : Cavalry Division renamed as 1st Cavalry Division.
14 October 1914 : transferred with Brigade to 2nd Cavalry Division.

7th (Princess Royal's) Dragoon Guards
August 1914 : in Secunderabad in India, part of the Secunderabad Cavalry Brigade.
Moved with Brigade to France as part of 1st Indian Cavalry Division, landed Marseilles at 13 October 1914.
23 December 1914 : transferred with Brigade to 2nd Indian Cavalry Division.
26 November 1916 : 2nd Indian Cavalry Division renamed as 5th Cavalry Division.
February 1918 : Division broken up; regiment transferred on 10 March 1918 to 7th Cavalry Brigade in 3rd Cavalry Division.