1914 : in Buckingham. Part of the 2nd South Midland Mounted Brigade in the Mounted Division.
September 1914 : Brigade transferred to 2nd Mounted Division.
April 1915 : moved to Egypt.
August 1915, moved dismounted to Gallipoli. Withdrew back to Egypt in December.
January 1916 : Brigade became an independent command and was retitled as 6th Mounted Brigade.
February 1917 : Brigade transferred to Imperial Mounted Division.
June 1917 : Brigade transferred to Yeomanry Mounted Division.
April 1918 : merged with the with the Berkshire Yeomanry to form C Bn, the Machine Gun Corps.
June 1918 : moved via Italy to France.
August 1918 : renumbered 101st Bn, the Machine Gun Corps.
as a Second-Line regiment in September 1914 and remained at home throughout the war.
August 1917: converted into a Cyclist unit.
as a Third-Line training unit in 1915.
Remained in United Kingdom until July 1917, when absorbed into 3rd Reserve Cavalry Regiment.